In order to further increase the cotton production volume based on the rational use of land, water, agricultural machinery and mineral fertilizers, high-quality agro-technical measures in the epoch of power and happiness, the President of Turkmenistan signed a decree ordering the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection, the khyakimliks of the Akhal, Balkan, Dashoguz, Lebap and Mary velayats:
- to ensure the production of appropriate volumes of cotton in Turkmenistan in 2022 by organizing the work of tenants, land users and landowners at a high level;
- to place cotton seeds through etraps taking into account soil and climatic conditions according to the plan approved by the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection.
Based on the conclusion of contracts with cotton producers, it is enacted to provide them in accordance with agro-technical standards:
- the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection with the necessary volumes of high-quality cotton seeds, technical services related to the preparation of land for sowing, cotton sowing, care of crops and cotton harvesting;
- the State Committee of Water Management – with appropriate volumes of irrigation water;
- the Türkmenhimiýa State Concern – with the corresponding volumes of fertilizers.