In accordance with instructions of President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov on improving the administrative and territorial division of our country; to bring up the administrative and territorial division of Ahal povince to modern standards; to accommodate proposals by the people of the province to unite several districts and restore their historical names; in the light of a request by the Ahal Regional Administration and proposal by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan; under the Law of Turkmenistan “On Procedures of Resolving Issues of Administrative and Territorial Division of Turkmenistan”, the National Parliament of Turkmenistan has decided:
To abolish the district of Altyn Asyr of Ahal province.
2. In accordance with the annex to this resolution:
1) to pass the following areas of the district of Altyn Asyr:
307903 hectares – to the administrative territory of the disctrict of Kaka;
26700 hectares – to the administrative territory of the district of Sarahs;
271152 hectares – to the administrative territory of the district of Tejen;
2) to pass 15303 hectares of land of the district of Ak Bugday and 34138 hectares of land of the district of Kaka to the administrative territory of the district of Tejen.
3. To pass the following areas of the district of Altyn Asyr:
Chache and Mane – to the district of Kaka;
Balykchylyk – to the district of Sarahs;
- Dowletli, Gurban Durdy, Lukman, Waharman, the town of Altyn Asyr and the villages of Ak Altyn, Bugdayly, Maldarchylyk, previously administrative dependencies of the district, to the district of Tejen.
4. To form in Ahal province the district of Babadayhan and, in accordance with the annex to this resolution, pass 1406838 hectares of land of the district of Tejen, as well as the town of Babadayhan, areas of Ak Altyn, Akwekil, Alty Garlyyev, Garawekil, Tazeyol, Yarygokje, Zahmet, and the villages of Chili, Gotin, Mamur of the area of Selenli, all previously part of the district of Tejen, to the administrative territory of the new district.
5. To pass the village of Chili to the area of Akwekil; the village of Gotin – to the area of Tazeyol; the village of Mamur – to the area of Zahmet of the district of Babadayhan.
6.To change the status of the town of Kaka with the rights of a district, to a town within a district; to pass the town of Kaka and the village of Hywaabat, previously its administrative dependency, to the district of Kaka.
7. To make the town of Babadayhan of the district of Babadayhan the administrative center of the district of Babadayhan; make the town of Kaka of the district of Kaka the administrative center of the district of Kaka.
8. To rename the district of Baharly and the town of Baharly, assigning them the names of Baherden and Baherden, and refer to them as the district of Baherden and the town of Baherden respectively.
9. To make relevant amendments to the List of Administrative and Territorial Units of Turkmenistan approved by the resolution of the National Parliament of Turkmenistan (ref.no.112-IV of 10 May 2010; Newsletter of the National Parliament of Turkmenistan, 2010, vol.2, art.36).
10. To assign the State Committee of Turkmenistan on Nature Protection and Land Resources, together with the Ahal Regional Administration, with the task of describing the administrative and territorial boundaries of the province under the set procedures.
11. This resolution shall enter into force from the date of its signing.
Copyright 2012-2018 The state news agency of Turkmenistan - Turkmenistan today